This website uses cookies for visitor traffic analysis. By using the website, you agree with storing the cookies on your computer.More information

Collapsible Group Panel

Frequently asked questions about VisionX.

Collapsible Group Panel

Postby lucdep » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:02 pm

Hi,

I can't find out how collapsible panels must be used.

I have a master table Deal with 3 detail tables Contacts, Briefings and Notes and I want to show each detail table in it's own collapsible panel under the header with the master table.

How can I make the collapsible panels shrink when collapsed and grow when openend? I always get fixed sized panels where the content collapses, but the frame stays the same size.

On the other hand, can a collapsible panel grow dynamically in function of the number of lines of data?

Thanks for an urgent reply.

Luc
lucdep

Re: Collapsible Group Panel

Postby Support@SIB » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:06 pm

Which component did you use?
Support@SIB

Postby lucdep » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:07 pm

Group Panel and Advanced Group Panel
lucdep

Postby Support@SIB » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:28 am

The collapsible Group Panel (StyledGroupPanel) has a button on the right which allows you to collapse the content. The Group text and the button will remain until you press the button again.

To show the button, use the customizer to enable the collapsible feature.

If you want to collapse programmatically, use:

Code: Select all
setCollapsible(boolean)
setCollapsed(boolean)

The panel size can "grow" in Desktop mode if you don't dock the bottom anchor of the component. In web mode, this isn't the same because the table starts to scroll if you don't set a size.

Usually, it's better to use scrollbars for applications than "growing" the height. It's a difference if you use a layout manager which handles sizing or if you place the UI components without layout manager.

But it depends... The table scrolls automatically, if you use simple panels with editors and labels for example, the height can grow. But be sure that you use a Scroll Pane for such screens. So you have the choice if you want scrollbars or not. The table is a specific component.
Support@SIB

Postby lucdep » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:21 pm

Still some things unclear to me...

So if I understand it well, you can collapse the content but not the panel itself, which makes me question what the use of a collapsible panel is?

So having 3 collapsible panels in web mode is not possible for now?

How do you "not dock the bottom anchor of a component"?
lucdep

Postby Support@SIB » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:04 am

No, you misunderstood.

The Panel itself is collapsible.
With "grow" we understand that the height of the content gets larger dynamically.

I guess your "grow" is not the same.

Long story short: Simply try it out.
Support@SIB

Return to VisionX