This website uses cookies for visitor traffic analysis. By using the website, you agree with storing the cookies on your computer.More information

Filter with Dropdown

General questions regarding the development with JVx.

Filter with Dropdown

Postby JuFi » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:56 pm

Hi,

currently I am creating a FilterEditor which offers the user a dropdown-list with options to choose from. This selection is then used to filter a column.
So far I used a FilterEditor with an UIEnumCellEditor to create a dropdown, but the user can still type in custom text into the field (instead of choosing a dropdown-option).
I would like to prevent this custom input (no combobox)
- in other words: I don't want the user to be able to type in text, he should only be able to choose from my specified options.

Can you give me some advice on how to achieve this?

Thank you in advance!
JuFi

Re: Filter with Dropdown

Postby Support@SIB » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:22 am

Currently it's not supported to disable "enter text" for a linked/enum cell editor. Sure, it's possible with used GUI technologies, but we didn't define it in our APIs. Please open a new Feature Request in our Ticket system.
Support@SIB

Postby Development@SIB » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:04 am

The current solution makes it possible to set the value to null/empty. The cell editor itself doesn't add an empty record, so if we disable the editor, we also need a solution for null/empty. This is the reason why it's not supported right now.
Development@SIB

Postby JuFi » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:30 pm

Thanks for your answer! I will create a request.
JuFi

Return to Development