This website uses cookies for visitor traffic analysis. By using the website, you agree with storing the cookies on your computer.More information

Event for whole workscreen

General questions regarding the development with JVx.

Event for whole workscreen

Postby JuFi » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:48 am

Hi!
I want to create a key pressed event which works for the whole workscreen (so, for all components in this workscreen). Is there a possibility to create something like a "global event" or do I have to add an event listener to every component?

Thanks in advance.
JuFi

Re: Event for whole workscreen

Postby Support@SIB » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:41 pm

What's the use-case?

The problem with global hotkeys is that they are not supported in all technologies (web/desktop/mobile), and if you have a MDI application (multiple windows), it's not clear which window should get the notification.

It's possible to set hotkeys for buttons or menuitems.
Support@SIB

Postby JuFi » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:31 pm

I wanted to open a dialog which is only accessible from a specific workscreen. So my shortcut should also only work on this specific workscreen and not in the whole application.
JuFi

Postby Support@SIB » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:58 pm

But what should happen if you have different screens open and the same shortcut for different actions?

It should work if you add a button to your screen with a shortcut (e.g. in the NavigationTable). This button could be used as shortcut receiver and as hint for the user because it can click without knowing the shortcut.
Support@SIB

Return to Development