This website uses cookies for visitor traffic analysis. By using the website, you agree with storing the cookies on your computer.More information

Need an example of setting it up and running firstApplicatio

General questions regarding the development with JVx.

Need an example of setting it up and running firstApplicatio

Postby jonny1 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:35 am

Hi folks, the thing is i 've probably been looking for this sort of tool (framework) for my endeavor, skill improvement and some future projects for pretty long. My downside is - i'm just getting basics of java (came from php/js world) and still weak in eclipse tweaking :) and i got rid of windows on my laptop.
The point is the working example on sibvision's site is not much helpful to me with linux machine, although i think i've tried my best to get firstApplication example up & running.
Question: Is there an identical examples for linux (ubuntu/debian) or some up to date tutorial(detailed, with linux in mind)? I'd be much thankful for providing one.
Eclipse settings for JVx apps on Windows seem considerably different from one i have on linux.
Great thanx to devFolks!
jonny1

Re: Need an example of setting it up and running firstApplic

Postby Support@SIB » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:25 am

Where do you have problems?

The tutorial wasn't created for windows. The location of your project can be wherever you want. In the tutoerial it's D:\Entwicklung\sibvisions\JVxFirstapp\.... This is the only OS specific text.
Simply replace with e.g. /home/johndoe/eclipse/jvxfirstapp/
Support@SIB

Postby jonny1 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:24 pm

Image - myEclipseInstallation.
Here in my eclipse (for java EE, june 2019) while creating new project, i don't see options like "Create project from existing source" and what JRE to select out of existing ones (i think java-11-openjdk.. is a proper choice).
Sorry for dummy questions,but i believe past this i'll grasp concepts and start moving faster, thanks :)
jonny1

Postby jonny1 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:30 pm

jonny1

Postby johnit » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:28 pm

Your Eclipse version is newer, but the GUI dialog looks similar. Simply uncheck "Use default location" and choose the directory.

JVx runs fine with openJDK 12, but I still use Oracle Java 8 in my environment because of license changes. I'm not sure if you need the latest JVx from the nightly builds? So use Java 8 from Oracle or openJDK 12 and test JVx release or nightly build.
johnit

Return to Development